Getting setup and ready for your virtual tour is very important when marketing properties online. Remember that a great virtual tour will filter out many home shoppers and unnecessary cleanups so doing a great job on the first pass will certainly pay off in the end.
Virtual Tour Preparedness Suggestions:
- Spruce up your garden and lawn; trim shrubbery if necessary.
- Yard and patio should be neat; outdoor furniture should be in good shape.
- Mow the lawn; make sure the driveway & entryway are free of clutter (toys, bikes, etc.)
- Winter - keep the sidewalks cleared of snow.
- Remove clutter and tidy up the shelves.
- Move excess furniture out of rooms. You want the space clean, open, and clutter-free (dog crates, tray tables, etc.).
- Replace burnt out light bulbs (the photographer will need all the light possible in most rooms).
- Clean off kitchen counters; remove any clutter.
- Make sure dirty/clean dishes are out of the sink & put away.
- Empty the garbage can.
- Put essential items used daily in a small box that can be stored away.
- Close toilet lid and empty the garbage.
- Clean mirrors & glass surfaces.
- Hang towels neatly from towel bar.
- Check the basics around the house (indoors & out). It takes just a minute to make sure the house is clutter-free and all is in order.
- Turn on as many lights as you can when the photographer arrives.
- Try not to be in the room the photographer is photographing as you may end up in the photo.
The photographer cannot:
- Move furniture
- Clean or dust
- Move garbage
- Pick up/move clutter (toys, dirty dishes, dog toys, etc.)
As indicated above, our photographer is not a furniture mover or cleanup crew. The photographs of the property will be taken in the condition found and will be taken "As is".The home MUST be ready for the photographer when he/she arrives. Upon arrival our photographers can wait no longer than few minutes for additional home preparations. If a wait longer than this must happen we will have to move on to our next scheduled appointment and the virtual tour will be rescheduled. If this happens a rescheduling fee of $20.00 will apply.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us by phone or e-mail.